Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Snuff and Echo Park

Today's Lacquer: Echo Park by American Apparel
Today's Literature: Snuff by Terry Pratchett

I just finished Snuff by Terry Pratchett last night, and while I enjoyed it very much, it just didn't live up to the hilarity and insight that I have come to expect from the Diskworld series. I've spent half a lifetime visiting the incredible world on the backs of the elephants on top of t
he turtle, and I've been in love with Ankh Morpork since I first picked up The Truth what must be a decade ago. I can't tell if I'm different now or if Terry Pratchett is, and both options make me incredibly sad. Diskworld was in many ways my Harry Potter. My paperbacks, battered and worn with many readings, came with me when I went to college despite the lack of shelf space, and the copy of Small Gods I managed to get signed is one of my favorite treasured. I grew up with Agatha and Carrot instead of Hermione and Nevile, and I can't say I regret it in the slightest.

And after that somewhat somber note, on to today's nails!


I picked up Echo Park at the same time as Lopez Canyon, and I'm quite pleased with the result. Lopez Canyon is a medium grey with slightly blue undertones that are more apparent in certain lights. I think this is an awesome shade for fall, and I was so taken with it that I wore it for four days straight. It's a remarkably hardy polish- even without a top coat the polish held up without chipping until the morning of day five.

All in all, I recommend American Apparel polishes and Echo Park in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment